It’s time for pumpkins, corn mazes, apple-picking, cider, hayrides, and leaf-peeping! Is there anything more beautiful than fall in New England? The leaves have already begun turning here in Waltham, Newton, Belmont, and Watertown. Fall is an ideal time to show your home some extra love. Here are 5 ways to make sure your little piece of heaven is prepared for the cooler weather:
- If you have an irrigation system, remember to call your irrigation company so they can blow out the system – that way you can avoid damaging leaks next spring.
- Shut off the water to all outside faucets.
- Disconnect your garden hoses from outdoor faucets.
- Store garden hoses inside to keep them from freezing over the winter.
- Test the batteries in all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace them if necessary.
Are any of your outside faucets leaking? Be sure to contact us right away – we’ll put a stop to them before the snow starts flying.