Emergency Services in Waltham, MA
Plumbing emergencies can quickly cause massive water damage if not immediately repaired. To get these problems repaired as soon as possible, scheduling emergency services with a professional is essential. Call our experts at S.D.H. Plumbing & Heating for services in Waltham, MA. We will send licensed and trained plumbers to perform the work!
If your water heater is not producing hot water, call our experts for water heater services
Common Plumbing Emergencies
Plumbing emergencies can occur at your house at any time and for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common issues can include:
- Burst Pipes: A burst pipe is a serious plumbing emergency that can cause extensive water damage. It typically occurs due to freezing temperatures, excessive water pressure, or aging pipes.
- Sewer Backups: When sewage backs up into sinks, toilets, or drains, it poses health hazards and requires immediate attention. Avoid using plumbing fixtures and contact a plumber to address the issue promptly.
- Clogged Drains: A severely clogged drain can lead to water backups, causing flooding or slow drainage. If plunging or using drain cleaners doesn’t resolve the issue, it’s advisable to seek professional help to clear the clog safely.
- Overflowing Toilet: An overflowing toilet can cause water damage and unsanitary conditions. Shut off the water supply behind or below the toilet and use a plunger to try and clear the blockage. If unsuccessful, contact a plumber to fix the problem.
- Water Heater Failure: When a water heater malfunctions or leaks, it can result in no hot water or water damage. Turn off the power or gas supply to the water heater and contact a plumber to assess and repair the issue.
- Gas Leaks: Gas leaks are hazardous and require immediate action. If you smell gas (rotten egg odor), leave the premises immediately, avoid electrical devices, and contact your gas provider or emergency services from a safe location.
- Leaking Fixtures or Pipes: Leaks from faucets, toilets, or pipes can waste water, cause water damage, and increase utility bills. If needed, turn off the water supply to the affected fixture or the main water supply, and arrange for repairs.
- Blocked Sewer Lines: A blocked sewer line can cause multiple drains in the house to back up. This requires professional attention to clear the blockage using specialized equipment and prevent further damage.